If you don't see your question answered here, please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
UWRScores.com is a system for tracking results of underwater rugby tournaments. It tracks the scores and calculates standings in real time. The schedule dynamically updates to fill seeds and winners/losers into the bracket so you'll always know who is playing when.
UWRScores.com grew out of UWHScores.com for Underwater Hockey.
Players can follow the tournament by checking in from anything with internet. The schedule can be filtered a number of different ways from the navigation at the top of the page:
Filtering the schedule can make it easier for players to focus on the parts of the schedule that matter to them.
The schedule can further be filtered by day.
The standings update in real time as the games progress and include tie breakers. This way players can better understand where their team stands and what the potential brackets might look like.
In addition to division, pod and team name, the fields on the standing are:
- Rank - Where a team currently stands among the division or pod. Two teams may have the same rank if they are currently fully tied (see below for how ties are broken).
- Points - The number of points the team has earned. Teams are ranked by points. A team earns three points for each win and one point for a tie.
- Record - Win-Loss-Tie record for only the games in the division/pod that the standings are calculated.
- GS - Goals scored during the games for the group play.
- GA - Goals Allowed during the games for the group play.
- GP - Games Played. Number of games the team has played in this division/pod. This only counts the games that will go towards points in the standing.
- Overall - Win-Loss-Tie record for the whole tournament, includes current set of games as well as any previous pods and bracket play.
Teams are ranked by the number of points they have earned (wins and ties). If two teams have the same number of points then the tie will be broken according to the CMAS Underwater Rugby International Rules Version June 2021 4.4.4.a
If two teams are tied in ranking, the tie breaking procedure is as follows:
- Points of the matches in which these two teams played against each other
- Goal difference of the matches in which these two teams played against each other
- Most scored goals in the matches in which these two teams played against each other
- Goal difference of all matches played in the group
- Most scored goals in all matches played in the group
If none of the above can break the tie, the tie will be broken by a extra game, shootout, coin toss or some other method as directed by the tournament director or head referee.
The standings reflect the tie-breakers in real time (except game/coin-flip for obvious reason). This means they can change as the day progresses and things unfold. The standings are not final till all the games in a section have been played.
Three-way ties are handled according to 4.4.4.b of the rule book and have been tested against all cased in Appendix 6.
Hopefully yes. I designed the pages to be mobile friendly and used frameworks geared towards that. It should work on most modern smart phones and tablets. If you have any feedback please send it my way.
Please if you notice any discrepancies in the schedule let somebody know as quickly as possible.
Please notify the tournament director, head referee or Jim Lester.
If you notice an issue with the site or have any general feed back send it my way at email@example.com
If you would like to have UWRScores run durring your tournament please talk to me, Jim Lester.
I do this as a side project as as my way to contribute to UWH. I can't commit to being able to run it for every tournament but please reach out to me and we will see what we can do.